My wife has a guilty pleasure on Netflix, she likes to watch Korean shows. Recently, I sat down and started watching “Tomorrow’s Cantabile” with her on Netflix (it’s leaving in March!) I instantly fell in love with the drama and music of the show. … Continue reading The Power of Music
My son has started to get into anime. I’ve recently introduced him to one of my favorites: Heat Guy J. J is a “heat guy” (android) who is sharing epigrams, little bits of manly wisdom with his human partner, Daisuke. It’s been fun to watch and discuss J’s different sayings:
- A Man should not show signs of pain in front of the enemy.
- A Man recharges his being by letting his soul float peacefully in the semi-darkness.
- A Man’s appearance is a very personal choice.
- When a Man starts to question the limits of his endurance, defeat prepares to pounce!
- A self-respecting and honorable Man does his best every day.
- A Man shouldn’t worry about his body. Vanity is the fertile soil for the seeds of self-destruction.
- The stars shining in the sky; the legacy of the past guiding you to your destiny.
- It is dangerous for a Man to be too sentimental, he must accept reality in its own terms.
- A good sleep gives a Man great comfort.
- A Man must fight for his good and true friend.
- A Man only exists to bring the future into being.
- A Man should not have to make excuses.
- When a Man looks up to the sky there is an expectation of hope.
- It is in the aesthetics of a Man not to reveal true feelings.
- A Man must always keep his eye on the enemy. It’s absolutely imperative.
- Although it was an accident, a Man must take responsibility for actions that are his fault.
- A Man who is overly influenced by accepted ideas cannot step into the future.
- A Man should never expect to be thanked.
- A good feeling in a Man will often cause him to do things that bring forth a new challenge.
- A real Man has a true feeling like this deep in his heart.
- A Man shouldn’t be too curious unless it’s necessary.
- If a man has good intentions, he should not expect thanks.
- A man shouldn’t back away from the fear that lies in front of him.
- A man should try hard and always do his best at work and never be concerned with what the outcome may be.
- A man should not speak through words, he should instead speak through his heart so that everyone understands how he feels.
- A man should find what he searches for on his journey.
When you forget yer lunch and both coffee machines are broken and all yer left with is weak-a$$ tea…crank up the rockabilly!
I am blessed to have grown up watching the two greatest misters on television: Mister Rogers & Mr. T. Being from Western PA, Mister Rogers holds a special place in my heart (did you know he was a Minister?) These two people accurately reflect … Continue reading Mister Mister
My teenage daughter recently got new furniture for her bedroom. It was Danish and needed to be assembled. I was proud and awed that she was able to put it all the sets together completely on her own. The instructions were sparse, but she seems … Continue reading Your skills are complete
I am not good at sports, but I want my son to be (or at least better than me…maybe as good as his Mom at baseball). To that end, I have signed up to be an assistant coach for his little league. There is something … Continue reading Give me your best shot. I can take it.
Being a father is tough. In your head you know the kind of Dad you want to be, but sometimes reality doesn’t quite match up. You lose yer temper or your extremely blunt when you don’t need to be. In your head & heart you … Continue reading Raising the Next Generation